NAIST Internship Program (June 15 - August 15, 2015)Application Deadline April 15th, 2015
- June 15 – August 15, 2015.
- Eligible for 3rd/4th year of Informatics Bachelor Degree (GPA > 3.3 ) or,
- 1st/2nd year of Informatics Magister Degree (GPA > 3.5)
How To Apply
write research proposal of topic:– cognitive communication & computational neuroscience– data mining– dialogue system & dialogue management– machine translation & natural language processing– speech recognition & understanding– speech synthesis & conversion– other (check http://ahclab.naist.jp/index_en.html)
send cv and the research proposal to email@example.com by 15 April 2015
the selected applicants should join the interview on 17 April 2015
the 3 candidates will be sent to NAIST by ITB
NAIST-AHC 2015 Call for Summer Interns
Augmented Human Communication Laboratory of Nara Institute of Science and Technology (NAIST-AHC), Japan has internships available in the fields of technologies that support communications between human-to-human and human-to-computer, including:
- Cognitive Communication & Computational Neuroscience
- Data Mining
- Dialogue Systems & Dialogue Management
- Machine Translation & Natural Language Processing
- Speech Recognition & Understanding
- Speech Synthesis & Conversion
- and other related fields. Further details can be found in http://ahclab.naist.jp/index_en.html.
Summer internships are intensive research works (35 hours/week) for about 2 months between June 15th – August 15th, 2015. The research style is basically based on independent/active study with weekly group discussion. But each intern will have at least one supervisor to support their work. Other than internship work, all interns are also encouraged to join University or Lab’s activities, such as English lunch conversation, parties or sightseeing.
- Airfare between Japan and your country
- Daily expensive (~80,000 yen/month)
→ Note that the intern students will stay at NAIST guest house, and are required to pay 45,000yen for 2 months. It shall be deducted from the daily allowance.
- Internships are open to bachelor (last year) or master (1st or 2nd year) students
- Enrolled at the University that have collaboration agreement with NAIST
- Good academic knowledge
- Good English and/or Japanese languages
- Good programming skills
Interested students shall first contact their supervisor for internal screening and approval. Each university shall submit the following documents (in pdf format) of maximum 3 (three) selected / recommended candidates by April 20th, 2015 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Curriculum vitae
- Academic transcript
- Research proposal related to any of the above topics
- [Direct submission by students is not acceptable]