Program Educational Objectives
- Our graduates will have successful careers and become productive professionals in their fields.
- Our graduates will be able to gain admission to and complete their graduate studies.
- Our graduates will be able to develop professionally through life-long learning and have an active role in the development of new tools, technologies and methodologies.
The expected program outcomes derived from the Program Educational objectives are:
- An ability to apply knowledge of computing and mathematics appropriate to the discipline
- An ability to analyze a problem, and identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution
- An ability to desgn, implement, and evaluate a computer-based system, process component, or program to meet desired needs
- An ability to function effectively on teams to accomplish a common goal
- An understanding of professional, ethical, legal, security and social issues and responsibilities
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- An ability to analyze the local and global impact of computing on individuals, organizations and society
- Recognition of the need for and an ability to engage in continuing professional development
- An ability to use current techniques, skills, and tools necessary for computing practice. foundations, algorithmic principles, and computer science
- An ability to apply mathematical theory in the modeling and design of computer-based systems in a way that demonstrates comprehension of the tradeoffs involved in design choices.
- An abiity to apply design and development principles in the construction of software systems of varying complexity